PurePlay Z3 1.0 / TEVI Firmware Update Procedure
It might be necessary to upgrade your PurePlay Z3 1.0 or TEVI to make it compatible with the Lypertek PureControl App (Only required if Bluetooth name on connected device shows as [LYPERTEK] TEVI – L/R, if it shows as LYPERTEK TEVI – L/R (no brackets!) this will not be required)
Please make sure the charging case has more than 50% power (2 LED lights) and the charging case is not charging via USB cable while upgrading the TEVI.
- Download the file TEVI_Update.apk to install the TEVI Upgrade App to your Android phone (version 6.0 or later required). You'll have to allow "installation from unknown sources" on your Android device.
- Make sure TEVI is connected with your Android phone, then turn off one side (press and hold for 2 seconds, then release to hear 'Power Off'). Both earbuds need to be upgraded separately.
- Place the connected earbud into the ear, press and hold around 12 seconds, until hearing a sequence of sounds (ding - ding ding - ding ding ding ding - ding ding ding) - release the finger and listen for 3 more sounds (dong dong dong). After this the LED will blink orange every 3 seconds. This means the earbuds has entered into the DFU mode. Place the earbuds into the charging case.
- Open the TEVI Upgrade App in the Android phone, select the earbud that you just operated (L/R), then follow the procedure on the App to upgrade the earphone.
- Follow steps 2 - 4 for the other earbud (L/R).
If you run into any issues with this procedure, please contact us. Click here